You don't need to use the GUI configuration wizard to install or upgrade Trust Protection Platform. The platform includes a utility that allows you to work directly from the command line, and more importantly, allows you to script installation and configuration for a Venafi Trust Protection Platform server.
Our documentation is in the context of the silent/unattended installation. It will use batch files as a reference implementation, but can be used with any scripting language.
The general steps for using the command-line utility are listed below. More details about each step can be found via the link provided.
- First, download the latest version of Trust Protection Platform as well as any applicable patch. For more information see Downloading the latest version of Venafi Trust Protection Platform.
- Create an answer file for configuring the platform settings. For more information see Creating and using answer files.
- Create a script for installation and configuration, then add the commands for installing
VenafiTPPInstall-23.3.x.msi. For more information see Install the MSI file from the command line.
- Update your installation and configuration script to leverage the
TppConfiguration.exeutility with your answer file and appropriate switches. For more information see Configure the platform using a script through the command line.
- Run your installation and configuration script. For more information see Run script and review response codes.
- Repeat this process on each Venafi server in your deployment.